Monday, July 22, 2013

Pumpkin Cookie Recipe

I think it's safe to say I'm slightly pumpkin obsessed!  But with good reason, it's delicious in more than just pie.  It goes great in various baked goods and smoothies. (See my take on a pumpkin smoothie in the "Pumpkin Smoothie" post.) Not to mention they have great health benefits too, rich in antioxidants and vitamins.  So today I figured I'd share one of my kitchen experiments that turned out pretty scrumptious.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. 

I mixed the wet ingredients first and then mixed in the dry.  Then I baked them for about 10-12 minutes at 350. They're really fluffy, kind of like pumpkin pancakes (another one of my pumpkin favorites) in cookie form.  To see if they're finished I poke them with a toothpick in the center until the toothpick is clean.  They're a healthy sweet snack at 2 ww points a piece or taste really delicious with chocolate frosting on top if you want to make them more of a treat.  The recipe only makes about 16 cookies, so if you're making them for a crowd you may want to consider doubling the recipe.  I like to make them just to have around the house because I have such a bad sweet tooth!  Hope you enjoy!

Update: I baked this recipe in a shallow polish pottery dish and it made a delicious pumpkin dessert bread! The texture is closer to bread than cookies and I think I prefer it in loaf form! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment