Friday, July 19, 2013

My Little Papoose

Before I had my son I never imagined that I would one day become a baby-wearin' fool. It's something I hadn't experienced in my past and for the most part it seemed to only belong to people in foreign countries or hippies.  I had this image in my head of a primitive sack thrown over someone's back, with a tiny face sticking out.  Adorable, but still foreign to myself. Come to find out these "hippies" are basically geniuses! I can't count how many times baby-wearing has saved us from missing out on parties and family get togethers, not to mention that we get to take our 9 month old out on hikes! Since toting around a baby can often feel like an endless journey, with lots of suitcases, it's nice to have a hands-free option. Our son also loves to nap while in our Moby and backpack, so we kill two birds with one stone.  In fact, sometimes we put him in specifically to put him to sleep. I'm a little shocked that baby-wearing has taken so long to become so widely used. Or is it just that I never noticed before I had a kid? Either way, it's obviously brilliant.  Aside from it allowing us to socialize more, I also use it at home when I'm desperate to get things done but baby doesn't want to be put down. If I ever get the money I think I'll spring for the high end baby pack, it's well worth the investment.  If you're considering getting a pack for your baby I obviously strongly recommend! You won't regret it! 
And what's sexier than a baby-wearing Dad? Am I right ladies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment