Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Most Precious Weight I Lift


    As a mother of an infant I am becoming very familiar with the concept of caring beyond convenience.  I stay at home to care for my son and keep house for my family.  It's not the most glamorous job I've ever had, but it certainly is the most fulfilling.  Knowing what my son is up to and in to at all times gives me a certain peace of mind, but it's also an enormous responsibility! Every time he almost rolls off the bed or picks up something small enough to choke on, I feel the weight of the fact that his life is in my hands.  Nevertheless, it's a weight I voluntarily picked up. (Pun intended because he's huge!)  So why do i do it?  It's not just because I have a soft spot for babies(pun), it's because, as cliche as it sounds, there is no greater job in the world.  By staying home with my son I can instill in him the values and truths that the world will try to lead him away from.  I can give him the gifts of joy, love, health, and the knowledge that these all come from God.  With work and prayer, I hope to someday help him discover God's plan for his life and help him have the courage to say yes to that plan.  It the meantime I will continue to mush his bananas and change his pants, and definitely have some fun in between.

Shout out to my hubby who works hard, so I can stay at home!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment